- Spine - low back pain, disc herniation, osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, muscle spasm, spondylolysis, sciatica, hyper mobility
- Neck - migraine, headache, muscle spasm, spondylosis
- Hip - labral tear, hip impingement syndrome, snapping hip, psoas tendonitis, bursitis, OA
- Sacroiliac - obliquity, hyper-mobility
- Ankle - achilles tendonitis, sprain, post tib dysfunction, FHL tendonipathy, fractures
- Shoulder - bursitis, rotator cuff syndromes, instability and labral pathology
- Knee - meniscus, ACL, patella femoral pain, ITB syndrome, hamstring strains
- Foot - fractures, cuboid syndrome, lisfranc, plantar fasciitis, sesamoiditis, hallux rigidus/limitus
- Generalized joint pain related to fibromyalgia, rheumatoid arthritis, CRPS, and more
- Exercise Plans and Precautions for Pregnancy and Postpartum
- Prenatal Screening/Postpartum Full Body Evaluation
- Sacroiliac & Pubic Joint Dysfunction
- C-Section Rehabilitation Program
- Diastasis Recti Prevention and Re-education
- Pelvic Floor Assessment and Rehabilitation
- Individual technique evaluations and therapeutic exercise prescription for all performing arts injuries
- Injury prevention assessments
- Community lectures on injury prevention for dancers
- Post surgical care of dancer injury
- Integration of manual therapy, yoga, and pilates for dancers
My job as a physical therapist is like that of a detective. Seek out the faulty movement patterns and restore symmetry to the body. When you come for your initial visit, a 50 min evaluation will be conducted in order to determine your movement dysfunction. Then a combination of manual therapy and yoga/pilates based muscle re-education will be used to address your imbalance. Manual therapy techniques include myofascial release, joint mobilization, osteopathic muscle energy, and dry needling. The therapeutic yoga/pilates session that follows will be individualized according to your specific diagnosis and ability level. Each session concludes with the prescription of a customized home program designed to complement the treatment process and quicken your recovery time.
The more awareness you have of how your body moves, the more control you gain over your total health. Let me diagnose your movement dysfunction and prescribe a plan of care addressing your total well-being. Your goals are unique and your treatment will be individualized utilizing the most recent advances in mind-body medicine.
Please feel free to email with questions regarding whether your particular condition is treated.
For more information about physical therapy, please contact Vanessa.